CCA - Young Canada Works
The Canadian Council of Archives administers the Young Canada Works program from the Department of Canadian Heritage as a delivery organization for the archival community and the library community (for libraries operating in English). This program offers students and young graduates the chance to acquire experience in their chosen field.
If you are applying for an archival position, please select CCA as the delivery organization.
If you are applying for a position in the library field, please select CLA (English applications) or ASTED (French applications).
For positions in the museum field, please apply to CMA.
- All applications must be prepared online. Your institution should consider keeping paper copies of the application and reports for your file.
- Note: Please review the government priorities for this year.
- Please download and read the Employer Guide prior to completing your application since changes have been made to the guidelines.
- It is not a requirement for institutions that apply under the Young Canada Works program to be a member of their provincial or territorial archival council or library association.
- Reminder: You need only ONE (1) master account on the Young Canada Works interactive website in order to apply to one or more delivery organization (CCA, CMA, ASTED, and NTC). We do not recommend that you submit an application for the same position/job title to more than one delivery organization.
- Your master account will enable you to complete applications for Summer Jobs for students, as well as Internships for graduates. You will be using this account to report on all stages of your project.
- YCW program Services Standards for 2017.
Application deadline for summer projects: * extended to February 1, 2017*
Application deadline for internships: March 15, 2017
If you need assistance, please contact:
YCW for the library community
YCW for the archival community
Sabrina Pound or Louise Charlebois
|Louise Charlebois or Isabelle Alain|
Tel. (613) 565-1222 x. 109 or x. 110
|Tel. (613) 565-1222 x. 110 or x. 108|